First Presbyterian Church of Murphysboro is a PCUSA church. We're located at 51 Crescent Drive in Murphysboro, Illinois. The Rev. Sam Foskey is serving as our Covenant Pastor. We belong to the Presbytery of Southeastern Illniois.

Barbara Smith; Jeff Hale; the family of Jeff Mandrell; eight killed in bus crash in central Florida; Flooding in Texas; the family of Ann Williams; Storm Damage in the Heartland; Iranian attacks on Israel; Mary Guida; Kay Potter Weatherford; Sue Combs; Charles Maynor; Ann DeMarco; Israel-Hamas War; Phyllis Neace; Harriet Simon; Brayden Stanley-Cobden 2nd grader with leukemia; Janice Swearingen; Stacy Camden; Carrie Decker; War in Ukraine; Joe Beach Peters
May 14-Murphysboro(afternoon)
May 15-Murphysboro
May 16-Pinckneyville(morning)
May 20-Pinckneyville
May 21-Pinckneyville(morning), Murphysboro(afternoon)
May 22-Murphysboro
May 23-Murphysboro(morning)
May 27-Memorial Day holiday
May 28-Pinckneyville (morning)
May 29-Murphysboro
May 30-Pinckneyville (morning)

Weekly offering amount required to meet the budget: $1440
May 12 regular offering $340; Pentecost offering, $50
May 5 regular offering $635;  Anne Williams memorials, $4600
You may also mail your contributions to the church at 51 Crescent Drive, 
Murphysboro, IL, 62966. Please do so when you are absent from worship.

The secretary's normal office hours are 9:00 a.m.-1 p.m.,Tuesday through Thursday. Due
to some medical procedures she will not be in the office on May 16.

In order to strengthen our fellowship, I think we need to get to know each other better. So, I want to add a "Getting to Know You" section to the bulletin. I'd like for each of you to write down 5 things about yourself that you think people may not know about you. You can email them to me, or just jot them down, and I'll forward them to the secretary. I think this will be fun! We'll share these "fun facts" during the time for announcements---From Pastor Sam

Thanks to Bob Swearingen for leading the service in both churches when the pastor was absent due to illness on Sunday, May 5. Many people have expressed how much they liked the hymn sing and the educational portion on the background of the hymns. And thanks to Cathy Cunningham and Linda Benz for playing twice as much as usual!

The congregation will celebrate the Sacrament of Communion on May 19, Pentecost Sunday.

A gift to the Pentecost Offering helps the church encourage, develop, and support its young people, and also address the needs of at-risk children. 40% of the Pentecost offering can be retained by individual congregations wanting to make an impact in the lives of young within their own community. The remaining 60% is used to support children-at-risk, youth, and young adults through ministries of the Presbyterian Mission Agency. We will receive this offering on May 19.

How to Connect With The Churches Via Facebook And The Websites 
Pinckneyville Website: 
Pinckneyville Facebook: 
Murphysboro Website: 
Murphysboro Facebook: 
The Facebook pages are where you will find the Facebook Live worship services. Pinckneyville worships at 9:00 a.m. and Murphysboro at 10:45 a.m. 

Copyright ©2019 First Presbyterian Church, All Rights Reserved.