PASTOR’S OFFICE HOURS:
January 27: Murphysboro
January 28: Murphysboro(morning)
February 1: Pinckneyville
February 2: Pinckneyville(morning); Murphysboro(afternoon)
Secretary Phyllis' schedule: She is normally in the office on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 12:30-4:00 p.m.
and on Wednesday mornings from 8:30 until 12:00 p.m.(Noon).
January 24, 2021: Regular offering, $380, Per capita, $84
January 17, 2021: Regular offering, $1330
January 10, 2021: Regular offering, $522
Offering for January 3, 2021: Regular offering, $706
AMOUNT NEEDED WEEKLY TO MEET THE BUDGET: $1165.70. Your contributions are needed now more than ever.
If you are not comfortable with attending right now you can send your contributions to the church
at 51 Crescent Drive, Murphysboro, IL, 62966. So, please send in your regular offerings, as you are able.
The annual congregational meeting will be held on February 7, 2021 immediately following worship.
The Sacrament of Communion will also be observed on February 7.
We resumed in-person worship on June 7. These are the guidelines we are following regarding COVID-19, based on guidance from the government and our denomination.
1. When we celebrate communion, you will pick up your individual, pre-packaged communion elements from tables in the back of the church and use them during communion and then leave the packaging materials in the communion cup holders in the hymnal racks.
2. It is highly recommended that everyone wear a mask to the service and during the service.
3. Family units which have been sheltering in place together may sit together. Otherwise, everyone must stay six feet apart and sit two pew lengths apart.
4. No handshaking or hugging.
5. Hand sanitizer will be available for your use when you enter and leave the building.
6. All hymnals will be removed from the sanctuary. We will not sing. We will only have instrumental music.
7. Do your best to have your offerings prepared ahead of time. Offerings may be placed in an offering plate located in the back of the sanctuary. You may leave your offering upon entering or leaving the building.
8. For the time being, we will not have a time of coffee and refreshments.
9. Please do not linger too long after the service but exit in a timely manner.
10. If we can all follow these guidelines, while worship may be a lot different, we will still be able to joyfully worship the Lord and fellowship together! We will get through this!
NOTE: IF YOU HAVE CONCERNS
ABOUT ATTENDING DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, PLEASE CONTACT PASTOR SAM.
How to Connect With The Churches Via Facebook And The Websites
Pinckneyville Website: http://1upcpville.com/index.html
Pinckneyville Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/firstunitedpresbyterianpinckneyville/
Murphysboro Website: http://fpcmurphysboro.org/
Murphysboro Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/First-Presbyterian-Church-1517609008538913/
The Facebook pages are where you will find the Facebook Live worship services, which are continuing
even though we have resumed in-person worship. A number of people are connecting to our services through Facebook, for which we are grateful. Pinckneyville worships at 9:00 a.m. and Murphysboro at 10:45 a.m.